Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of a team. They may work as quality assurance managers, quality facilitators, quality and improvement consultants or service quality system support analysts.Licensing/Regulatory Information No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Facilitate continuous improvement
- Lead and manage team effectiveness
- Manage risk
- Report on a quality audit
- Manage project quality
- Initiate a quality audit
- Lead a quality audit
- Participate in a quality audit
- Manage people performance
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Manage an information or knowledge management system
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|St George College, Main Campus||No|
Campuses: Newcastle Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- general stationery items- a USBSome softcopy resources and workbooks are provided. If hard copies are required, this will be at your own expense.