Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This course provides a general education curriculum framework for English as an additional language (EAL) language and literacy education primarily targeted to newly arrived migrants and refugees who need to develop language skills to participate in a range of community contexts. The Certificate also includes elective numeracy modules for those EAL learners who may also need to develop numeracy skills and not just become familiar with the English of mathematics. It is suitable as an intermediate course for learners who have developed a survival level of English, literacy or numeracy skills and who have had some formal or informal exposure to English.
- Core: Advanced learning strategies. Electives: Applying and interpreting mathematical information
- Composing formal correspondence and completing formatted texts
- Comprehending and composing complex information texts
- Comprehending and composing discussions
- Comprehending and composing expositions
- Comprehending and composing narrative texts
- Comprehending and composing visual texts
- Comprehending and conducting presentations
- Comprehending and giving complex instructions
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education