Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Our modern economy depends on good accounting. We need experts who understand and can explain the financial and social business environment to others. Accountants advise people through good times and bad. They dig for financial truth, consider consequences and work out the best path forward. Accounting graduates are always in demand and enjoy both stability and variety. With this degree you might work with a charity, in education or for the government. Perhaps you will become chief financial officer at a company or manage budgets in the sporting world. You could even unmask financial deceptions as a forensic accountant.
- This degree teaches fluency in the language of business and finance. You will: explore economic concepts, theories and analytical techniques
- learn the fundamentals of financial and management accounting
- understand auditing and taxation in depth
- study economics, business mathematics and business law
- consider technology's role and ways to build positive client relationships
- work on industry projects and internships.
Standard entry requirements
- Selection via ATAR
On completing this degree at North Terrace campus* you will be eligible to apply for associate membership to either Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand or CPA Australia. To achieve full membership, both bodies require an additional program of study and a stipulated length of work experience. *Melbourne campus is currently seeking accounting accreditation.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $123,000||No information available||Yes||No information available|