Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree program combines the disciplines of electrical and electronic engineering and mathematical and computer sciences allowing students to study towards two degrees simultaneously. Students study the concepts of electrical and electronic engineering with a range of mathematics, statistics and computer science courses. Electrical and electronic engineers provide the power society needs; design electronic and computing technologies that enable modern lives; develop communications networks and protocols that connect people; and work to sustain human developments through medical and new energy technologies. With designated courses from both disciplines counted, the program can typically be completed in five years (full-time), compared with seven years if undertaken separately. Combining two areas of study offers graduates not only a more diverse experience at university, but also greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
Students are required to complete 6 weeks of work experience as part of the engineering academic program.
- Applied mathematics
- Computer science
- Engineering-electrical and electronic
- Engineering-Medical Technologies
- Engineering-Smart Technologies
- Engineering- Defence systems
- Engineering- Renewable energy
- Engineering- Cybersecurity
- Engineering- Communication systems
- Engineering- Computer engineering
- Mathematical physics
- Mathematical sciences
- Pure mathematics
Standard entry requirements
- Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods, Physics plus one of Specialist Mathematics or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: either Mathematics (HL grade 3) and Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3)
- Or Chemistry (SL grade 4/HL grade 3), Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3) and Mathematics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3). If Stage 2 studies were undertaken prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was known as Mathematical Studies
Graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic) qualify for professional membership of Engineers Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $215,000||
Students will graduate with two separate parchments; one for each degree.