Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program aims to equip graduates with a multidisciplinary skill-set. In this combined program, students study concepts of mechanical engineering and undertake an arts major of their choice. Mechanical engineering is concerned with the management of people and resources, the creation and use of new technologies and the design and development of new processes and products. With designated courses from both disciplines counted towards the program, the degree can typically be completed in five years (full-time), compared with seven years if undertaken separately. Combining two areas of study offers graduates not only a more diverse experience at university, but also greater scope of career prospects.
Students are required to complete 6 weeks of work experience as part of the engineering academic program.
- Asian studies
- Australian studies
- Classical studies
- Cultural studies
- Engineering-Smart technologies
- Engineering- Defence Systems
- Engineering - Medical Technologies
- Engineering - Renewable Energy
- Engineering - Mechanical
- Engineering- Aerospace
- Engineering - Sports
- Engineering - Mechatronics and robotics
- Environmental studies
- European studies
- Gender studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Mathematical sciences
- Media and communication
- Modern Greek
- Music studies
Standard entry requirements
- Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods and Physics plus one of Specialist Mathematics or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: either Mathematics (HL grade 3) and Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3)
- Or Chemistry (SL grade 4/HL grade 3), Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3) and Mathematics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3). If Stage 2 studies were undertaken prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was known as Mathematical Studies.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) qualify for professional membership of Engineers Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $222,500||
A combined degree is an approved combination of two degrees, which includes components from both programs and satisfies the minimum of one of those degree programs but not both individual degrees (unlike a double degree). At the end of the combined degree, students will graduate with one parchment.