Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree program combines the disciplines of mechanical engineering and mathematical and computer sciences, allowing students to study towards two degrees simultaneously. In this program, students study the concepts of mechanical engineering with a range of mathematics, statistics and computer science courses. Mechanical engineering is concerned with the management of people and resources, the creation and use of new technologies and the design and development of new processes and products. With designated courses from both disciplines counted towards the degree, the program can typically be completed in five years (full-time), compared with seven years if undertaken separately. Combining two areas of study offers graduates not only a more diverse experience at university, but also greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
Students are required to complete 6 weeks of work experience as part of the engineering academic program.
- Applied mathematics
- Computer science
- Engineering-Medical technologies
- Engineering - Smart technologies
- Engineering- Defence systems
- Engineering- Renewable energy
- Engineering- Mechanical engineering
- Engineering- Aerospace engineering
- Engineering- Sports engineering
- Engineering- Mechatronics and robotics
- Mathematical sciences
- Mathematical physics
- Pure mathematics
Standard entry requirements
- Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods and Physics plus one of Specialist Mathematics or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: either Mathematics (HL grade 3) and Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3)
- Or Chemistry (SL grade 4/HL grade 3), Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3) and Mathematics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3). If Stage 2 studies were undertaken prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was known as Mathematical Studies.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical) qualify for professional membership of Engineers Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $222,500||Yes|
At the end of the double degree, students will graduate with two separate parchments; one for each degree.