Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Diploma in Arts allows students to pursue studies in one of the Arts majors while completing an undergraduate degree (usually in a faculty other than Arts). It is also open to students who have already completed an undergraduate degree who want to complement their studies, pursue studies in a different field, or 'upskill' for professional development purposes (e.g. secondary school teachers). It is the equivalent to a full major (24 units) and for students enrolled in an undergraduate degree generally adds a further year to the length of studies. The Diploma in Arts will allow students who have already graduated with a Bachelor degree to progress to an Honours year or further postgraduate study in a different field. The Diploma is offered in any of the Arts majors listed in the Bachelor of Arts program other than languages, and includes a Liberal Arts major comprising courses drawn from the current majors.
The Diploma in Arts consists of studies in a single major over three years.
- Asian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Creative Writing
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- Geography, Environment and Population
- German Studies
- Indigenous Knowledges and Society
- Indonesian Studies
- International Development
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Modern Greek Studies
- Politics and International Studies
- Spanish Studies.
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants for admission to the Diploma in Arts must: be enrolled in an undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree or combined degree program at the University of Adelaide
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree or combined degree program at another recognised tertiary institution
- Or have been awarded, or be eligible for the award of, an undergraduate degree from a recognised tertiary institution.