Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Investment in superannuation in Australia is building at an astonishing rate, now totalling over $1.3 trillion. Most rapidly increasing is the self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) industry. There are over 2,500 new accounts opening each month, taking the total to over 410,000 SMSFs. Because of this, the SMSF industry is under great scrutiny and seeing all kinds of legislative changes. Our Graduate Certificate in Self-Managed Superannuation Funds has been designed in conjunction with the SMSF Association. It provides the knowledge, skills and financial literacy that SMSF practitioners need to thrive in a changing landscape. This extends to financial planners, accountants, lawyers and auditors.
- This degree is designed to link up with industry requirements. You will: study foundational SMSF concepts, theories and operations
- consolidate and extend your current knowledge and skills base
- gain insights into psychological influences on investment decision-making
- learn complex advising strategies
- explore relevant taxes and regulations
- advance your critical thinking, practical and communication skills. The program consists of four courses: SMSF Best Practice
- Understanding SMSF Trustees
- SMSF Strategic Advice
- SIS Regulation and Taxation. You must study the courses in this order, successfully completing one course before being able to take the next course.
Standard entry requirements
A completed Bachelors degree from the University of Adelaide (or equivalent), AND currently employed or have been employed, on a full-time equivalent basis, within the last two years in a related professional capacity in the Superannuation or SMSF sector OR for applicants without a Bachelors degree, a minimum of five years work experience in a related professional capacity in the Superannuation or Self Managed Superannuation Funds sector approved by the Faculty. Please note, this progam is not offered to international students.
This course has been designed in conjunction with the SMSF Association and provides students with ASIC RG146 compliance in the specialist area of self-managed superannuation funds. Please note: in order to provide advice on self-managed superannuation funds, students must also hold an RG146 compliance in the areas of Superannuation, Generic Knowledge and Skills.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||Domestic: $16,500||Yes|