Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Wine is that rarest of commodities: a pleasurable indulgence so loved that countless people around the world consider it a near essential part of life. It's also very big business; by 2023, it's estimated the global wine market will be worth over US$423 billion. Wineries and other organisations wishing to grow their share of that market seek business leaders with deep and broad insight into the industry's unique characteristics. Our Master of Business Administration (Wine Business) can be entered immediately upon completing any bachelor degree and puts you squarely in their sights, preparing you to move rapidly into senior management and leadership roles within the wine sector. You could oversee a winery's development and launch of new varietals; tailor a label's export strategies for different international markets; or lead government initiatives to boost industry competitiveness.
- The MBA (Wine Business) is part of the Adelaide Business School's MBA suite and can be completed over two years. You don't need professional experience to apply, as the degree will equip you with: a deep understanding of the global wine industry's unique commercial environment, from historical and cultural influences, to import-export regulations and consumer preference drivers
- a thorough working knowledge of viticultural and winemaking principles
- highly advanced strategic thinking skills, giving you the ability to see the bigger commercial and societal picture and make decisions with a truly global outlook
- high-level problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking and self-reflection skills
- outstanding management capabilities in critical business functions, including finance, accounting, economics and marketing
- extensive industry and professional relationships and networks.
Standard entry requirements
A completed Bachelors degree or equivalent.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||Domestic: $66,000|