Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
"Our Master of Minimally Invasive Surgery is for surgeons who wish to make minimally invasive surgical techniques an integral part of their career. You'll gain the required professional qualification-accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons-and a thorough clinical grounding in laparoscopic surgery.
- This one year program comprises: supervised clinical placement in either a government or non-government hospital
- online tutorials / webinars
- teaching with low and high fidelity laparoscopic training devices
- the production of a research publication which is deemed suitable for submission to a peer reviewed journal
- and attendance at technical clinical workshops in Adelaide. Opportunities exist for specialisation within the program. These include, but are not limited to: Colorectal, Renal, Upper GI (upper gastrointestinal), Vascular, Urology, Gynaecology and ENT (ear, nose, throat).
- Minimally invasive surgery
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants must: be experienced surgeons who have completed, or be within one year of completing, the Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) or Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) programs or equivalent
- Have a surgical fellowship or consultant post with a major interest in minimally invasive surgery
- Hold a clinical position
- This is not automatically offered with the Master of Minimally Invasive Surgery and applicants are personally responsible for obtaining a suitable position
- Register with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) ELR is a requirement for APHRA registration
- Be resident in Australia or meet the requirements of the 457 visa (if an international applicant)
- Provide a curriculum vitae (CV)
- Provide two letters of reference - provide certified copies of all awards (accompanied by an official translation if not in English). All students of Master of Minimally Invasive
The Master of Minimally Invasive Surgery is accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||No information available|