Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Modern economies depend on good accounting. We need experts who understand and can explain financial and social business environment to others. Our Master of Professional Accounting offers an intensive 1.5-year path to careers in accounting, financial management, auditing and business advising. Accounting graduates are always in demand and enjoy both stability and variety. Due to changes in reporting practices, career opportunities are increasing across public and private sectors. You might work with a charity, in education or for the government. Perhaps you'll become chief financial officer at a company or manage budgets in the sporting world. You could even unmask financial deceptions as a forensic accountant.
- You will: learn the fundamentals of financial and management accounting
- study advanced accounting concepts and analytical techniques
- take courses in taxation and auditing
- explore relevant business areas such as economics, finance, information systems and business law
- consider the role of technology and ways to build positive client relationships.
Standard entry requirements
A completed Bachelors degree or equivalent
Our Master of Professional Accounting (North Terrace campus) satisfies the requirements for associate membership of CPA Australia, and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand. (Melbourne campus is currently seeking accounting accreditation.)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||Domestic: $49,500|