Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course enables students to be critically aware, ethically responsible and multi-skilled professionals in the diverse yet integrated industries of public relations, public affairs and corporate communication. In this course, students will develop the theoretical, interdisciplinary and practical knowledge to understand how historical and current social, political and economic processes influence, and are influenced by, communication. They will learn the diverse skills needed in fast-paced communications industries including strategy and campaign development; social and digital analytics; the basics of graphic design and visual language, multi-media production and stakeholder management. Real world learning is a key feature, from the involvement of industry adjuncts and workplace visits in first year through to internships, case studies and development of strategies and projects for real-world clients in later years. Through this consistent application of theory to practice, students will develop and acquire the high level , transferable skills necessary for them to thrive in a rapidly changing professional media environment.
72 credit points
- Subjects include: Professional Orientation (Communication and Media)
- Professional Practice: Work Integrated Learning
- The Art and Power of Communication
- Digital Media Fundamentals
- Producing Credible Communication
- Engaging Audiences
- Visual Representation Techniques
- Advocacy and Influence: Shaping Public Opinion
- Managing Brands
- Corporate and Public Communication Foundations
- Digital Engagement and Analytics
- Strategic Communication Research and Planning
- Organisational Communication
- Strategic Project Management. Students may also choose from a wide range of elective breadth majors.
Standard entry requirements
Year 12 or equivalent. English Language Requirements: An overall Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Canberra||International: $83,100||No information available||Yes||No information available|