Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course introduces students to the essential core knowledge and skills in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), along with comprehensive knowledge and skills of General ICT Knowledge prescribed in ACS CBOK (Australian Computer Society, Core Body of Knowledge), including Technical Resources, Technology Building, and ICT Management ranging from the business side to the technical side. Graduates will possess strong communication skills with solid expertise to critique, synthesise and apply new development, skills, knowledge and standards in the ICT field to real world ICT systems with respect to their business environments, policies, and management. Graduates will also have the knowledge and skills of cutting edge developments in the ICT industry including business, information systems, system analysis and modelling, cyber security and system administration, networking, software development, and data analytics and artificial intelligence etc., with a high-level awareness of professional ethics, responsibilities, values and standards.
72 credit points
- Subjects include: Introduction to Information Technology
- Database Design
- Professional Practice in IT
- Information & Communication Technology Project
- Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Systems Analysis and Modelling
- Introduction to Network Engineering
- Software Technology 1
- Discrete Mathematics
- Computer and Network Security
- Introduction to Computer Engineering
- Wireless Networks
- Contemporary IT & E Issues
- Technology and Engineering Management
- Network Architecture. Students may also choose from a wide range of elective breadth majors.
Standard entry requirements
Year 12 or equivalent. English Language Requirements: An overall Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0. Assumed Knowledge: Basic knowledge and skills in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) and basic numeracy and literacy skills.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Canberra||International: $83,700||No information available||Yes||No information available|