Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Arts (Extended) is a four-year degree for Australian Indigenous students which provides a pathway to careers that build on a strong Arts background. It is for motivated and aspiring Indigenous students who have not obtained the results for direct entry into the Bachelor of Arts, and aims to build a strong foundation for success among a range of disciplines.
The course supports your transition to University through the provision of an additional study year. This extra year is designed to develop academic skills for your success at University. Once you've completed the first year of the Bachelor of Arts (Extended), you will move into a standard Bachelor of Arts course structure. The Bachelor of Arts (Extended) course consists of 36 subjects (400 points).
Standard entry requirements
- A range of selection criteria are used for entry. These include: ATAR entry (minimum ATAR of 50.00)
- Successful completion of secondary education (in the past two years)
- Completed some or all of a higher education qualification
- Completed some or all of the VET qualification
- Have work/life experience. Applicants without an ATAR must attend an interview.
High-achieving Bachelor of Arts (Extended) graduates may apply for entry to the Bachelor of Arts (Degree with Honours). If you wish to continue your professional studies at postgraduate level, the studies you undertake in your major can provide a direct pathway to coursework masters degrees in a wide range of areas.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|