Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Diploma in Data Science is an ideal starting point if you're interested in joining this booming industry and have a background with little or no study of computer science or statistics. Through this course you'll develop fundamental skills in both computer science and statistics, so you can keep pace with the rapidly changing demands of a data-driven job market, and world. You'll be shown how to use statistical tools, techniques and methods along with in-depth analysis and evaluation, to solve real-world problems in the data realm.
- 100 credit points, made up of core statistics subjects (50 points)
- core computer science subjects (50 points). If you've previously studied some of the core subjects, you can apply for an exemption. If you're granted an exemption, you'll take additional subjects to make up 100 points.
- Statistical modelling and inference
- Algorithms, machine learning and data mining
- Database systems
- Using a range of methods to conduct analyses
- Reporting on analytical findings.
Standard entry requirements
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline
- 25 points of first-year tertiary Mathematics and Statistics subjects including MAST10006 Calculus 2 or equivalent.
When you successfully complete the Graduate Diploma, you can supercharge your qualification by enrolling in the Master of Data Science (subject to meeting the requirements). You'll receive course credit, meaning that you can complete both the Graduate Diploma and the Master of Data Science in just 2.5 years.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||No information available|