Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Fine Arts (Music Theatre) offers practice-led research into music theatre, a term widely interpreted as forms of theatre in which music is an essential element in the making or the performance of the work, and also as musical theatre, in its various incarnations from its early formations in the nineteenth century to current commercial productions, not-for-profit developments and experimental shows. Creative research projects may investigate areas of practice, performance, writing, composition or training, with the imperative to develop scholarly engagement which leads to the dissemination and contribution of new knowledge and understanding in the field.
200 credit points including a research methods and a research seminar subject worth 12.5 points each and a supervised project of research and practice in the area of Music Theatre.
- Music theatre
Standard entry requirements
- One of: an honours degree with at least an H2A (75%) weighted average, including a major relevant to the stream to which entry is sought, or equivalent
- A relevant undergraduate degree with at least an H2A (75%) weighted average and two years of documented work experience relevant to the stream to which entry is sought
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline and five years of documented work experience relevant to the stream to which entry is sought
- Or five years of documented relevant work experience related to the stream to which entry is sought and demonstrating outstanding artistic ability, together with evidence of ability in academic writing and research or scholarship appropriate for postgraduate study
- Plus performance in one or more of an audition, test, interview, workshop, portfolio or folio presentation, as prescribed by the Academic Board for the stream to which entry is sought.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Southbank||International: $69,405||No information available||No||