Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Theatre specialisation of the Master of Fine Arts invites students to engage in research projects focused, in a broad range of different ways, on theatrical practice or issues related to theatre, or that illuminates or expands on the medium in some way. The majority of projects will involve research by means of the candidate's own theatrical practice, alongside a written dissertation, but some projects will focus on the practice of others and consist of a dissertation only.
200 credit points including a research methods and a research seminar subject worth 12.5 points each and a supervised project of research and practice in the area of Theatre.
Standard entry requirements
- One of: an honours degree with at least an H2A (75%) weighted average, including a major relevant to the stream to which entry is sought, or equivalent
- A relevant undergraduate degree with at least an H2A (75%) weighted average and two years of documented work experience relevant to the stream to which entry is sought
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline and five years of documented work experience relevant to the stream to which entry is sought
- Five years of documented relevant work experience related to the stream to which entry is sought and demonstrating outstanding artistic ability, together with evidence of ability in academic writing and research or scholarship appropriate for postgraduate study
- Plus performance in one or more of an audition, test, interview, workshop, portfolio or folio presentation, as prescribed by the Academic Board for the stream to which entry is sought.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Southbank||International: $69,405||No information available||No||