Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program is designed for professional educators who shall be admitted on the basis of their prior qualifications and who, in most cases, will be working in school settings. Successful completion will deepen students' knowledge in a range of educational disciplines and engage students with contemporary practice and theory in those disciplines. The program has, in addition to an undesignated program pathway with a large range of curriculum options, eight specialisations that are designed to meet the needs of educators in a variety of professional contexts. The design of the program includes a nested program of Graduate Certificates that provide optional exit points.
72 credit points (equivalent to 12 standard units) including core units, a Masters Dissertation, one approved specialisation, and a choice of listed units. A student's program of study and credit points for completion are determined by the qualification used as the basis for admission.
- Comparative education
- Education leadership
- Gifted and talented education
- Indigenous Australian education
- Literature and new literacies
- Special education
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)
Standard entry requirements
- A 4 year pre-service teaching qualification of a recognised Australian University or tertiary institution (or overseas equivalent)
- Or a Bachelor degree and a 1 or 2 year pre-service teaching qualification of a recognised Australian University (or overseas equivalent)
- Or a Graduate Certificate in a relevant discipline
- Or a minimum Bachelor degree or overseas equivalent, and satisfy the School by the provision of evidence (employer's letters on company letterhead documenting a minimum 2 years' full time equivalent relevant teaching experience) of adequate preparation for candidature
- Or admission through an articulation program. All students must meet the University's English language requirements.
Students may be eligible for credit (advanced standing) for previously completed studies. Exit pathways are available for eligible students.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|UNE Armidale (main campus)||
|No information available||No||
Students undertaking the Special Education and TESOL specialisations will be required to meet requirements for professional experience in an educational setting.This will include a Working with Children Check, completion of online Anaphylaxis training and a Child Protection module.