Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Certificate in Digital Media has been designed to enhance the digital media skills and knowledge of individuals from a vast range of disciplines. The program develops an understanding of the production and distribution of media content via a number of digital platforms. The program allows individuals to choose courses according to their needs and background. This innovative program explores pathways into a range of careers across digital media technology, from web and interactive media development, digital media industries, computer games and CGI effects development to consultancy, education and more. There is a rapidly growing worldwide investment in digital content for an expanding variety of delivery platforms, ranging from interactive and digital TV to personal mobile devices including phones and game consoles. Consequently, there is a growing need for professional with the knowledge and skills to create this content.
Those seeking the knowledge and skills to create content for digital delivery
40 units (4 courses worth 10 units each) including 2o units of core courses and choose 20 units of directed courses from a directed course list.
- Design for Digital media Digital Video
Standard entry requirements
- Diploma in a non-related discipline and minimum 4 years relevant work experience
- Or Diploma in Digital Media or related discipline and minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Or an Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree in a non-related discipline and minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Or an Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree in Digital Media or related discipline and minimum 1 year relevant work experience
- Or Bachelor Degree in a non-related discipline and minimum 1 year relevant work experience
Graduates will meet academic admission requirements for the University of Newcastle Master of Digital Media and be eligible to apply for credit transfer for courses completed in the Graduate Certificate.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Fees are indicative and subject to variation. Overall program fee may vary based on course selection.