Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Physiotherapy (Graduate Entry) enables students who have already completed a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a health-related area to meet the registration requirements to practice as a physiotherapist with just two years of extra study. Students develop the capability to assess, treat and prevent human movement disorders and undertake supervised clinical practice within a vast range of industry organisations. Some placements take place in the state-of-the-art Physiotherapy Clinics, located on-campus. This practical experience is a great way for students to apply what they have learnt during their studies and encourages them to build industry networks and relationships.
Graduates from other disciplines wishing to become physiotherapists
Standard entry requirements
- Completed and conferred within the past 10 years a recognised higher education program at Bachelor degree level or higher from a recognised Australian or New Zealand higher education institution
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 5.0 (credit average)
- Successfully completed within the last 10 years the following pre-requisite courses from a recognised higher education institution: a course equivalent to 4.5 units of statistics and research methods at AQF Level 7
- And 2 courses each equivalent to 4.5 units of human anatomy at AQF Level 7 completed with at least a credit level (65%)
- Courses must explicitly include detailed musculoskeletal anatomy, neuroanatomy and systems anatomy
- And 2 courses each equivalent to 4.5 units of human physiology at AQF Level 7 with at least a credit level (65%)
- Courses must explicitly include 30 hours of human musculoskeletal physiology. Applicants must complete the additional information. This program is not available to applicants who are overseas trained physiotherapists who are referred to either the AHPRA registration process or the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) program. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This degree is accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council and satisfies the academic requirements for registration as a physiotherapist with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City East||International: $87,200||No information available||No||
Students who undertake activities where interaction with patients is required must demonstrate they meet mandatory pre-placement conditional requirements, including criminal history clearance, child related employment clearance and immunisation requirements. All students enrolled in a program leading to professional registration must be registered with the relevant National Board. The registration process is undertaken by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with the University providing notification to AHPRA following enrolment in the program.