We’re the online learning experts. At USQ, we’ve got decades of experience delivering online learning, so in today’s ever-changing world you know you’ve got the support behind you to succeed.
Studying on-campus at one of our three locations (Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich) is a rewarding way to undertake a university degree in an innovative and friendly environment. Or, you can join more than 70 per cent of our students who choose to study online with us. There is also the option to fast-track most degrees by studying over summer.
We have degrees in:
- Agriculture and Environment
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Management
- Education and Teaching
- Information and Communications Technology
- Law and Criminology
- Media and Communication
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Psychology and Human Services
- Sciences and Engineering
- Surveying and Built Environment
- Visual and Performing Arts.
Good Universities Guide, 2018-2020
We are a regional university with a global outlook and reputation for research excellence, delivering degrees that are future-focused to ensure you’re career-ready.
- #1 in Australia for graduate starting salary1
- 30 areas of research recognised as world standard or better2
- 50+ national and international industry partners for you to collaborate with
- 90+ nationalities are represented in the USQ student community
- 100,000 alumni for you to connect and engage with
- 115+ study disciplines for you to choose from.
1 Good Universities Guide, 2020.
2 Excellence in Research for Australia.
Professor Geraldine Mackenzie
“Our graduates have the highest starting salary in the country. We provide a quality, workplace-ready education which is tailored to the needs of our students in a flexible and supportive learning environment.”
Vice-Chancellor, University of Southern Queensland.
Build your career from day one
We offer degrees producing industry-leading career outcomes, so from your first year, USQ is here to support you to enhance your employability and remain competitive in today’s job market.
- Industry mentoring with USQ’s Career Mentoring Program.
- Internships and work experience with our Industry Experience program.
- Personal brand development — we’ll help you build your personal brand so that you’re prepared for career success.
- A chance to build your entrepreneurial skills with our online webinars and workshops.
At USQ, we are about people following their dreams. We offer scholarships to outstanding students who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and contributed to the wider community.
You could also be eligible for an automatic scholarship valued up to $29,000*. Year 12 students who put USQ first on their QTAC application and meet the other requirements automatically become rewarded.
Scholarships are also available to students who are affected by financial hardship.
A scholarship can help you with textbook, practical experience, accommodation and living expenses. Some scholarships will be a one-off payment, while others will continue for the length of your degree.
The best part? You can apply for more than one, so be sure to apply for all you’re eligible for.
* Terms and conditions apply. Currently available for 2021 Semester 1 intake. Please check our website for updates.
Life at the University of Southern Queensland is exciting, supportive and offers endless possibilities and connections with fellow students. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment that embraces difference and supports, values and respects the unique perspectives and approaches of all individuals.
There are plenty of ways to get involved, build your skills, meet other students and have fun. Make life-long friends in the student clubs, play sport, go to formals, theme parks, and more. If you’re an elite athlete, we will also support you to achieve all your dreams in our elite athlete program – with flexible study options to accommodate events and scholarships to provide financial support.
Living on-campus is a great way to make friends, create shared experiences and celebrate your successes. We have a variety of accommodation and catering options to suit your taste and budget. USQ Toowoomba students can live on-campus at one of the three residential colleges, or choose from a range of close, off-campus accommodation options. USQ’s Residential Colleges, which have been given a multi-million dollar facelift, provide convenient and affordable accommodation for both long and short-stay periods. Greater Springfield’s Education City Residential Village provides student accommodation close to USQ Springfield. Staff at USQ Ipswich can assist students in finding a place to live nearby, with a range of off-campus accommodation options readily available.
The University of Southern Queensland delivers transformational research solutions with global impact, to build a better future for industry and our community.
From forging ahead in agricultural advancement with driverless tractors and large-scale modelling, to pioneering the future of space exploration and playing a pivotal role in the universal hunt for habitable planets, at USQ we are committed to research which creates real and impactful change for our dynamic world.
Our areas of research focus include:
- Agriculture and Agribusiness
- Cultural Heritage and Archaeology
- Digital Life
- Environmental Sciences
- Health and Behavioural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences and Hypersonics
- Materials Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Regional Community and Economic Development.
Australian & New Zealand
Phone: +61 7 4631 5315
Freecall: 1800 269 500
Opening hours: Monday – Thursday 8am – 8pm, Friday 8am - 5pm, Saturday - Sunday 12noon - 5pm (AEST) (except public holidays)
Phone: +61 7 4631 5543
Opening hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm (AEST)
Monday to Friday (except public holidays)