Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
The Bachelor of General Studies is ideal if students want to sample a range of university subjects before starting a more specialised degree. Students will study courses chosen from a mix of humanities, social science, biological sciences, physical sciences, psychology, environment and sustainability, business and commerce, engineering, and spatial science; and can use their studies to transfer to another degree if and when they choose a specialisation. General Studies can lead to any career enhanced by a tertiary qualification.
24 units: 4 core units and 20 elective units
- Students can choose three disciplines/majors from the following USQ degrees: Associate Degree of Engineering, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business and Commerce, Bachelor of Communication and Media, Bachelor of Engineering Science, Bachelor of Human Services, or Bachelor of Science.
Standard entry requirements
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR of 60, Overall Position (OP) 18, tertiary entrance rank 64 or equivalent qualification
- English Language Proficiency requirements for Category 2
- Please note: Some majors or disciplines may require further pre-requisites
- Non-standard admission is in accordance with University of Southern Queensland regulations, especially articulation from TAFE, or successful completion of three approved units of the Tertiary Preparation Program
- Assumed knowledge expectations: English.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|