Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
With the Biology major in the Bachelor of Science, students will gain a broad knowledge in biology, chemistry and communications, as well as the option of more detailed knowledge in disciplines such as biochemistry, genetics, microbiology and physiology. This degree will give students a strong grounding for a range of science-related careers or for more specialised postgraduate study. As a graduate, the kinds of careers students can consider include research officer (universities, defence, CSIRO, DPI, industry, government, and health), technical officer (labs), technical/sales representative in pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnological industries, molecular biologists, microbiologists.
- 24 courses: 4 core courses
- 8 course biology major and 12 electives
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Have achieved a minimum Overall Position (OP) 15, tertiary entrance rank 66 or equivalent qualification
- English (4, SA)
- Subject Pre-requisites: English (4, SA) or equivalent
- From 2019 Mathematics A (4, SA) or equivalent. Recommended: Maths B (4, SA) or equivalent
- Knowledge of at least one of Biology, Science, Chemistry or Physics at Year 12 level
- International applicants must have met the University's English language requirements or have completed the University's ELICOS/EAP programs
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||Yes||No information available|
If students do not have the recommended Mathematics B Level for entry then they will be recommended to undertake MAT1000 Mathematics Fundamentals as an elective.