Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This combined degree aims to provide students with the knowledge, competencies and values necessary to develop critical, analytical and evaluative skills essential for a fulfilling and effective career in business, while at the same time providing an opportunity to acquire knowledge and understanding of another language and culture.
All students must complete 240 credit points of study, comprising 144 credit points relating to business and 96 credit points relating to international studies. The Bachelor of Arts in International Studies component requires undergraduates to study a region or country major over a minimum of three years. The course is offered as a full-time program over five years. Students spend two sessions of study at a university or other higher education institution in the country of their major.
- Business finance
- Financial planning
- International business
- and the language and culture of the nation chosen by each student
Standard entry requirements
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent
- Admission to the combined degree is on merit according to the admissions policy for the Bachelor of Business. There is a range of entry levels to the various language and culture programs. Students are admitted to the international studies program with no guarantee of entry to a specific major, although every effort is made to meet students' preferences. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. There are no prior language requirements for the international studies program.
Information on credit recognition in the business component is available from the Bachelor of Business.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Students spend their fourth year of study at a university overseas.