Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This combined degree provides students with the opportunity to complete the core and major components of both the engineering and business degrees. This course is essentially the same as the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Business combined degree except for the additional requirement of two internships and the completion of the professional engineering practice program. The professional engineering practice program is integrated throughout the course. For graduates choosing to practise as engineers, the business knowledge is invaluable in providing a sound foundation for entrepreneurial initiatives and the commercialisation of engineering innovations. This combined degree can be completed in less time than would be required to complete the two degrees separately.
The program comprises a total of 288 credit points, made up of 198 credit points relating to the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice and 90 credit points relating to the Bachelor of Business. The engineering component of this course is made up of subjects selected from the engineering core, the professional engineering practice program and the engineering fields of practice (majors). The business component is made up of core business subjects and a business major.
- Biomedical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Data engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- ICT engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechatronic engineering
- Software engineering
- Mathematical modelling
Standard entry requirements
- Australian Year 12 qualification, AQF Diploma, or equivalent qualification at the required level. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place. International students: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances. Assumed knowledge Mathematics Extension 1
- And English Standard. English Advanced is recommended.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) is professionally accredited by Engineers Australia. Under the Washington Accord the degree is internationally recognised by the following countries: Canada, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong China, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States. The Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice allows students to accelerate their entry into the engineering profession as a chartered professional engineer by reducing the time required for professional experience after graduation.
Students who have previously undertaken study at a university or other recognised tertiary education institution may be eligible for some academic credit recognition for their prior study if the subjects previously completed are deemed by the faculty to be equivalent to subjects in the course. The prior study must have been completed before commencement of this course, but no earlier than 10 years before commencement. Students must be able to demonstrate that their knowledge is current.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City||International: $239,616||No information available||No||No information available|
Career options include a business career applying advanced technology in commercial settings or practice as an engineer where business knowledge helps to ensure success in commercialisation of engineering innovations. The course provides excellent training for senior management roles.