Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course is designed for both property and project management practitioners, and graduates in related fields who wish to extend their qualifications and expertise in property development and project management. Graduates have a commitment to professionalism in the property and project management sector. This course is for property and project management professionals who want to upgrade their qualifications or expertise or for those who wish to enter the property or project management industries. In their first year students develop an understanding of how to balance private and public interests in urban development, how to apply the principles of project management, and how to assess development feasibility.
Students must complete 96 credit points made up of 72 credit points of core subjects and 24 credit points of electives.
- Property development process
- Development feasibility and modelling
- Sustainable urban development
- Planning and environmental law
- Property development finance
- Property transactions
- Property market and risk analysis
- Project communication, HR and stakeholders
- Scope and integration management
- Project time and cost management
- Project risk, procurement and quality management
Standard entry requirements
- UTS recognised bachelor degree, or equivalent, from one of the following disciplines: architecture and building, engineering, management and commerce, law, economics and econometrics
- Or a UTS Graduate Certificate in Project Management, or a UTS Graduate Diploma in Property Development at credit level or above. In addition, applicants also need to satisfy the following: a minimum of 6 months' relevant work experience
- CV articulating project management experience
- Personal statement (max. 300 words) explaining the reasons for wanting to study project management and demonstrating an understanding of basic project management concepts. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||No information available|
Career options include positions in property development in the public and private sectors, and project management.