Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course is available to a limited number of students who wish to formalise advanced medical training in neonatology. In this course students gain comprehensive knowledge of diseases of preterm and term infants including the underlying physiology and management. Students also gain clinical competency in acute resuscitation and all procedures required in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The course consists of units to a total value of 48 points.
Standard entry requirements
- UWA MBBS degree or equivalent plus minimum of 2 years experience and have demonstrated: awareness of contemporary issues in neonatology
- Basic competence in paediatrics professional learning
- Experience in leading and managing others
- Engagement in ongoing professional learning and current enrolment in advanced neonatal training program (Royal Australasian College of Physicians)
- Or be qualified as a neonatologist (Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent
- Or qualified as an internationally trained doctor and pursuing advanced neonatal training as an employee at the King Edward Memorial Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital or the Fiona Stanley Hospital.