Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Actuarial Studies (Co-op) is an outstanding scholarship program established by industry and UNSW to provide financial support and industry training to high-achieving students. It combines a strong, four year academic program with 15 to 18 months of industry experience with highly sought after sponsor organisations. The degree has a strong focus in Actuarial Studies, and students will the opportunity to complete another business major within the four years.
- 32 courses (192 UOC): 16 Actuarial Studies core courses
- Free electives (students can use these to complete a second major)
- General Education courses (chosen from other faculties)
- Industrial training courses. Note: Some majors will require additional study above the minimum 144 UOC.
- Actuarial studies. Optional second major include: Accounting
- Actuarial risk management analytics
- Business economics
- Business strategy and economics
- Business law
- Financial economics
- Human resource management
- Information systems
- International business
- Quantitative data science
- Real estate studies
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: Mathematics Extension 1
- Recommended: English (Advanced), HSC Mathematics Extension 2
Actuaries Institute of Australia
Students must achieve the required academic standard in their Actuarial Studies courses to gain exemption from Part I of the Actuaries Institute of Australia, the CT courses of The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK) professional examinations or the VEE credit for the Society of Actuaries (USA). Students also have the opportunity to gain exemption from Part II of the Actuaries Institute professional examinations and become an Associate member by completing the designated fourth year courses at the required academic standard.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|UNSW Business School||
||No||No information available|
A separate UNSW Co-op Program application is required. Applicants will be selected to attend a face-to-face interview held at UNSW with academics and representatives from the sponsored companies. If students are selected for an interview they will be invited to attend a UNSW Co-op Program interview briefing day. Students accepted into the Co-op program will be required to undertake up to 18 months of practical experience in various sponsoring organisations. A tax-free scholarship of AU$18,200 per annum (over 4 years) is also included within the Co-op Program. The UNSW HSC Plus does not apply to the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies (Co-op) program.