Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This three-year program is designed for the entrepreneurs of the future-people that love science and understand business. Today's complex modern workplace requires numerous skills and flexibility. The Bachelor of Science and Business give students a strong and robust scientific underpinning, combined with pragmatic real-world skills that can be applied to the business world. This degree has been designed for all those students that love science but are interested in business. It is perfect for those wanting to pursue a business career in a scientific industry. This degree will prepare students to seamlessly transition from one area within a business to another. In many workplaces, employees are expected to adapt to new roles, change tasks, solve problems and apply new skills across very diverse areas. Graduates from this degree could go in to areas as diverse as management consulting, product development, sustainability, environmental management.
- Two-thirds of the Bachelor of Science and Business degree is Science, and the remainder is Business. The degree is made up of individual courses, some prescribed, some free for students to choose: Major is the field of science in which students specialise. All students choose a major, which will provide them with a solid education in scientific theory, method and research. General Education courses cover social and ethical issues as well as topics outside of Science. Most students will also be able to study electives which allow them to include other areas of interest in their degree. Business studies begin with a core set of four foundation courses: Accounting and Financial Management
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Managing Organisations and People. Additional business insights will be gained through electives: Business law, Marketing or Management.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biological Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Marine Science
- Materials Science
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Vision Science
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: Mathematics and Chemistry plus one or more of Biology, Earth and Environmental Science, Physics, HSC Mathematics Extension 1 (depending on chosen area of study)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|