Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides knowledge and skills in the field of fitness through discipline specific studies in health, exercise science, and management. Designed by professionals and academics with industry experience to offer flexibility and professional development at a degree level for professionals looking for the next step in their fitness career. The course is a response to industry needs for Bachelor level study specifically in fitness and will provide you high level skills and knowledge to be successful as a leader in this field.
- 288 credit points consisting of: 96 credit points of First Year Core units
- 144 credit points of Professional Core units
- 48 credit points of minor studies from the approved list
- Exercise science
- Personal training
- Resistance training
- Group fitness (e.g., exercise to music, bootcamp, aqua aerobics, mind and body, cycle, boxing, circuit)
- Fitness training systems (e.g., functional fitness, plyometric, and cross training).
Standard entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English.
VET applicants will be considered and pathways are available from a range of VET courses.