Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package. It is designed to meet the needs of builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with clients. The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
- 18 units: 13 core
- 5 elective
- Core: Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- Select and prepare a construction contract
- Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- Manage construction work
- Manage project risk
- plus more and electives.
Standard entry requirements
Certificate IV in Building and Construction - Building
To be eligible to apply for a B Class Licence in the ACT you must complete the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building).
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (SAC 2006) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.