Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Professional and semi-professional football clubs are constantly seeking a competitive advantage that can contribute to success. Among the different areas that have been identified as being able to provide such competitive advantage, performance analysis - and in particular video analysis - is seen as fundamental. Clubs at all level are seeking experienced performance analysts who not only have outstanding knowledge of the relevant technology, but also an overall understanding of performance and sport science, making performance analysis truly integrated with other established disciplines and roles. This course will provide students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to be successful performance analysts. The courser features an initial face-to-face burst mode, online learning, and practical session in collaboration with one of the world's leading performance analysis companies.
48 credit points, 4 core units.
- Current issues and trends in football
- Monitoring load and recovery in football
- Applied sports statistics
- Performance analysis in football.
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in sport science, sport coaching or similar
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor Honours degree (or equivalent) in sport science, sport coaching or similar.