Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program addresses the pressures that contemporary sport managers face when having to deal with their core obligations, which are to, implement sport programs that are financially and operationally sustainable, deliver them in such a way that they provide value-for-money experiences for participants, and lead to socially responsible outcomes, and, finally, ensure they are underpinned by values that privilege trustworthiness, fair play, transparency, and integrity. The program will combine cutting-edge theory with intensive case analysis, teach best-practice strategic management, and give students the opportunity to undertake professional-level research that can lead to doctorate level studies. As such, the course will deliver a unique set of professional capabilities that will enable graduates to maximise not only their management capabilities, but also sports' public value.
- 144 credit points consisting of: 10 core units
- Plus either 1 sport business project unit and 1 elective unit
- or, 1 thesis unit (24 cp).
- Sport integrity and ethics
- Sport integrity leadership
- Sport, law and regulation
- Strategic planning and management for sport business
- Sport community partnerships
- Sport media and communications
- Sport economics and finance
- Business research methods
- Sport facility and event management
- Global sport business
- Sport business project
- Sport research thesis
- Strategic sport marketing.
Standard entry requirements
- Relevant Bachelors/Honours degree
- And/or professional experience
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 and no individual band score less than 6 or equivalent.
Applicants who have successfully completed the Graduate Certificate in Sport Integrity will be eligible for credit of 4 units of study and graduates who have successfully completed the Graduate Diploma in Sport Business and Integrity will be eligible for credit of 8 units of study.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
The course has an applied theoretical focus, practical experience and engagement with industry, most notable of which is the partnership with the Real Madrid Graduate School Universidad Europea. This will ensure students can use the latest industry standard technologies and evidence-based practices upon graduation.