Type of institution: TAFE Institute
The Bachelor of Culinary Management will enable graduates to successfully operate and manage commercial kitchens and culinary enterprises of various scales and complexity. Culinary management graduates will be employed in different sectors of the industry, ranging from restaurants and cafes, hotels, hospitals and catering enterprises throughout the culinary industry. Graduates will possess strong foundations in cookery from classic cooking techniques and menu design to recipe development and sustainable procurement management. These foundations will be enhanced by subjects that explore the evolution of the profession and the relationship between culture and cuisine. The course is structured to provide students with the critical and analytical skills that support cross-disciplinary practice in a diverse and dynamic environment. Students will also develop strong management and communication skills to ensure they are prepared for the realities of the industry.
- 4 years of full-time study including 1 year of work integrated learning. 192 credit points
- each semester is 24 credit points based on the combination of subjects chosen. Students can draw on an extensive range of specialised electives to further pursue their study interests.
- Culinary techniques
- Sustainable procurement for hospitality & tourism
- Restaurant service
- Human resource operations for the services industry
- Cooks and chefs in society
- Sensory education
- Financial analysis and decision making
- Imagining culinary futures
- Menu design and engineering
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Online application form
Pathways may exist from Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications with academic credits of up to 1 year (Diploma) or up to 18 months (Advanced Diploma) granted. The extent of credit depends on the relevance of the previous studies to the Degree program.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||Yes||No information available|