The most recent QS rankings revealed the best cities forstudents from around the globe, based on affordability, student experience, jobprospects and friendliness. The top 10 spans eight countries and includes someof the world’s great metropolises, with one in our own backyard!
Without further ado, here are the world’s 10 best cities tostudy in:
10. Set against the backdrop of the North Shore Mountains,stunning Vancouver is one of twoCanadian entries on this list.
9. It might be renowned for Oktoberfest but Munich is also famous for greataffordability – it is the second cheapest city on the list.
8. It might be pricey to study in Boston thanks to American tuition fees but the true benefit here isthe quality of education, with MIT (first) and Harvard (third) charting on theQS university rankings.
7.Tokyo isanother city that attracts floods of international students despite a high costof living, predominately due to excellent student experience and a great foodculture.
6. With free public universities, inexpensive living costsand an overall cool vibe, Berlin isconsidered a great place to study despite only 16 per cent of the city’s pupilsare from outside of Germany.
5. It’s little surprise that Melbourne, the world’s most liveable city for the past eight years,made the top five on this list. Even with an expensive cost of living, internationalstudents flock to the Victorian capital.
4.Seoul is aninteresting arrangement – only seven per cent of their university students areinternational, yet 86 per cent of graduates choose to reside in the city afterthey finish studying.
3. It might be ultra-expensive but London is unsurprisingly popular amongst international students.The opportunity to travel to countries in Europe and the United Kingdom is anobvious drawcard.
2. A degree from a Parisian university is highly soughtafter in the employment market, whether you are looking for work in France oroverseas. Paris held the number oneranking from 2012 to 2016.
1. Known for its great nightlife, friendliness tointernational students and low cost of living, Montreal took out top billing in 2017, jumping six spots on itsposition the previous year.
Want to find out more about universities in Melbourne? Visit The Good Universities Guidehere.