Truck offsiders assist truck drivers to load and unload goods on trucks.
Personal requirements of a Truck Offsider
- enjoy practical work
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- capable of lifting and carrying heavy items
- able to follow instructions.
Duties & Tasks of a Truck Offsider
Truck offsiders may perform the following tasks:
- carry heavy items up and down stairs
- make sure items are protected from scratches and pack delicate items in a secure manner so they will not break during a move
- complete paperwork
- Label goods with customers' details and destinations
- assist with navigation and truck maintenance on long-distance trips
- direct drivers when reversing into tight spots.
Working conditions for a Truck Offsider
Truck offsiders may work in a range of industries, including furniture removals and retail.par In some cases, where carriers travel long distances and interstate, offsiders may spend days away from home. They may also share driving duties if they hold the required truck drivers licence.
Freight Handler (Rail Or Road)
Freight handlers load and unload freight trucks, containers and rail cars.