Telemarketers telephone prospective customers to promote products and services and obtain sales or arrange sales visits.
Personal requirements for a Telemarketer
- Pleasant and friendly manner
- Enjoy talking to people
- Aptitude for working with computers
- High level of motivation
- Able to work as part of a team.
Duties & Tasks of a Telemarketer
Telemarketers may perform the following tasks:
- Work from a script and a list of contacts to promote products or services by telephone
- Create interest in a product or service and secure a sale or an agreement to see a sales representative
- Process and arrange the dispatch of products, information kits and brochures to interested clients
- Arrange appointments with sales representatives
- Record changes to contact details on a database and note follow-up action
- Maintain statistics of calls made and successes achieved
- Submit periodic reports on telemarketing activities and results
- Receive calls and provide information or assist with any problems.
Working conditions for a Telemarketer
Telemarketers are employed on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, and may be required to do shift, evening and weekend work.