Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program aims to provide high level applied and theoretical knowledge and skills in core business disciplines. It is specifically designed for students who wish to become professional accountants and more generally for those students seeking a career in business, finance, IT, management, or marketing. It meets the requirements for entry to the accounting and finance professions, and a number of other professional bodies. This program can also be incorporated into a double degree through any of the Flexible Double groups.
- Students complete 144 units
- 96 units to be taken within the Faculty and not more than 60 units at 1000 level. Students have the option of choosing accounting, business information systems, corporate sustainability, economic studies, finance, international business, management or marketing as their compulsory major. Students are required to choose one of the majors listed, but may take up to 3 by using electives.
- Business information systems
- Economic studies
- Corporate sustainability
- International business
Standard entry requirements
- No prerequisites but assumed knowledge is: ACT: Mathematical Methods (Major)
- NSW: Mathematics
- QLD: Mathematics B
- SA/NT: Mathematical Studies
- TAS: Mathematics Methods
- VIC: Mathematical Methods (CAS)
- WA: Mathematics 3C/3D
- IB: Mathematics (SL)
CPA Australia and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. Students who seek professional recognition are required to take prescribed courses which are in addition to the major sequence.
Honours year available.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|