Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00300K (NT); 03286A (NSW)
This course is designed for those seeking specialist Indonesian, Chinese or Greek language, within a cultural context to improve their capacity to communicate and engage effectively with the people and country of the target language. It is also designed for teachers who wish to gain, or enhance, their language teaching ability. The course is also suited to those who have a personal or professional interest in developing their understanding of Indonesian, Chinese or Greek language and culture.
The course requires completion of approved units of 80 credit points. Candidates may complete the requirements of the course by completing six Specialist Elective units (60 credit points) selected from Indonesian, Chinese or Greek language units and two Specialist Elective teaching methodology units (20 credit points). Alternatively, students have the option of completing eight units in the target language (80 credit points). Units in Indonesian, Chinese and Greek language are available in internal (on-campus), and external (distance) modes. There are also options for in-country study of Indonesian, Chinese and Greek language and culture.
Standard entry requirements
- NTCET or equivalent (Year 12) and an ATAR of 60 or higher
- Or Certificate IV or above
- Or STAT score of 135 or greater
- Or submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience
- Or 6 months of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma
- Or completion of 40 credit points in the Preparation for Tertiary Study Program (ZTEP01), the Preparation for Tertiary Success (ZPTS11 or ZPTS21), or other recognised tertiary preparation course.