Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Develop your passion for commerce and unlock creative solutions for tomorrow’s commercial challenges by studying Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce. Enjoy authentic, practical learning experiences including the ability to research and resolve real commercial and community issues. Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce will provide you with the skills and experience to navigate your professional future. Our globally accredited commerce degree gives you the freedom to customise your course with a specialisation, allowing you to focus on an area of interest. This course provides opportunities like overseas study tours, exchange programs and sought-after internships at organisations and government to broaden your horizons, skills and employment opportunities. Be prepared to build your career as a commercial leader in global organisations by networking with leading companies from your first year, and develop professional relationships that you’ll carry with you through your career.
- 24 credit points total which include 8 credit points of core units
- 8 credit points of elective units
- one 8 credit point major
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Financial planning
- Human resource management
- Management information systems
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
Depending on units taken, commerce graduates can apply for membership to these key professional bodies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Association of Financial Advisers (AFA); Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI); Australian Marketing Institute (AMI); Certified Practising Accountants (CPA); Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ); Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA); Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA); Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML); Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Geelong Waterfront||International: $111,216||No|
|Melbourne Burwood||International: $111,216||No|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Geelong Waterfront, Melbourne Burwood, Warrnambool.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.