Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science empowers you to take your science career beyond the lab. Pair specialist science knowledge with a strong foundation in business disciplines and graduate ready to lead, innovate and disrupt in your chosen field. Dual skills in science and business can set you up for a lucrative career. Through this industry-led combined course, you can follow your curiosity into any field that inspires you and forge your own path by choosing from a wide range of major sequences. Whether you’re aspiring to a role in science communication or management, or want to complement your business acumen with evidence-based decision-making skills, this combined course arms you with a unique skill set that makes you stand out from the pack. Underpinned by real-life work experience, the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science trains you in authentic science and business scenarios that prepare you to hit the ground running once you graduate.
32 credit points: 16 Commerce and 16 Science and completion of one zero credit point academic integrity unit. The Science units include 16 course grouped units including 8 core units and at least one 6 credit point Science major sequence, 2 credit points of elective units plus completion of two zero credit point units (SLE010 and STP010). The commerce units include a core of 8 credit points and 1 major sequence of 8 credit points.
- Animal biology
- Cell biology
- Chemistry and materials science
- Environmental science
- Financial planning
- Food and agribusiness
- Human biology
- Human resource management
- Management information systems
- Mathematical modelling
- Plant biology
Standard entry requirements
- Students must meet the requirements for entry to both the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science Year 12 or equivalent: Units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in English other than EAL
- Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life or work experience will be based on their performance in: a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR a Diploma in any discipline, or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience.
Depending on units taken, commerce graduates can apply for membership to these key professional bodies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Association of Financial Advisers (AFA); Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI); Australian Marketing Institute (AMI); Certified Practising Accountants (CPA); Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ); Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA); Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA); Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML); Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|