Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Combine real estate expertise with valuable commercial knowledge by studying the Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce. In just four years, you will gain a commercial foundation that includes economics, accounting, marketing and management, while studying units in various aspects of real estate such as development, management and valuation. Enter the workforce with professionally recognised qualifications in both commerce and real estate – a combination in demand by employers. Your expertise in finance and economics will open up a broad range of exciting career options, while practical learning opportunities alongside professionals prepares you for work in the industry. You will build relationships with our industry partners, secure sought-after internships and learn from global leaders in property and commerce through overseas study experiences.
- 32 credit points total which include: 12 credit points of Property and Real Estate core units
- 4 credit points of Commerce core units
- 4 credit points of core units common to both the Bachelor of Property and Real Estate and the Bachelor of Commerce
- an 8 credit point major from the Bachelor of Commerce
- 4 credit points of elective units
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Financial planning
- Human resource management
- Management information systems
- Property and real estate
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration.
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
Depending on units taken, commerce graduates can apply for membership to these key professional bodies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Association of Financial Advisers (AFA); Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI); Australian Marketing Institute (AMI); Certified Practising Accountants (CPA); Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ); Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA); Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA); Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML); Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). The Bachelor of Property and Real Estate has professional accreditation by the Australian Property Institute (API) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Graduates will meet the academic requirement to be eligible for registration as a Certified Practising Valuer (CPV).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.