Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Deakin Juris Doctor (JD) combines a commercial focus with the development of practical skills essential to contemporary legal practice. Designed for non-law graduates, this intellectually stimulating course is offered fully online after an optional, but highly recommended, induction program held in Melbourne. The Deakin Juris Doctor goes beyond the teaching of legal knowledge and practical skills, to the development of a broader understanding of the policy informing the law, focusing on current policy issues and developing skills in the use of legal theory and legal research methods.
- 24 credit points total which include: 17 core units
- 7 elective units
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree in different discipline with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65% or
- Bachelor degree in a different discipline with a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60% and two years relevant work experience or
- Masters degree in a different discipline
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
Victorian Legal Admissions Board (VLAB)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
The course fee shown is indicative only and actual fees may vary.
Course only offered in Cloud (online) mode. Note: Optional (but highly recommended) on-campus Induction program, which is live-streamed and recorded, and held for two days in the T1 induction and for one day in the T3 induction, plus online pre-recorded presentations