Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Knowledgeable, high profile professionals are the backbone of the IT industry, and this degree gives you the opportunity to learn new programming languages, architecture, and paradigms to create new software applications. You will complete courses in dynamic web development, data structures and algorithms, agile coding and more. There are also electives that enable you to add breadth or depth to your studies. The material covered in this degree reflects the current and future needs of practicing software developers, and your skills will be enhanced as you apply your learning in your final year project. On completion, you can seek employment in a role where you contribute to identifying new areas of software process improvement within an organisation, or carry out a software process improvement assignment to produce measurable business benefits. Your communication skills will be an asset in this area, as you report on project progress, anomalies, risks and issues. Graduates may also be involved in software release and post-release activities, including product launches, and implementation roles such as installation, configuration, programming/customisation, integration and data migration.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Students will complete 20 core courses, and 4 elective courses, and a zero credit point IT Professional Engagement course.
- Software development
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in one of Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If you are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Development) you can consider applying for the following programs: Diploma of Information Technology; Diploma of Digital Media Technologies; Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) Program - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study; Enrol in single units (courses): ITECH1101 IT Problem Solving (Semester 1) and ITECH1103 Big Data And Analytics (Semester 2). Re-apply with credit to the Bachelor of Information Technology for the next semester Students can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $72,900||No information available||Yes||No information available|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au