Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Explore the basic principles and techniques of mathematics, develop strong foundations in communication and report writing and learn how to apply your expertise in real world situations.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Students will undertake a mix of theoretical and practical courses, consisting of four 15-credit point courses per semester. Students will complete 16 core courses, and 5 general electives, and 3 electives from the areas of Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, or Science, 2 of which must be advanced level.
- Mathematical science
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in one of Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0
- With no band less than 6.0, or equivalent.
This degree will meet the requirements to teach VCE Mathematics on satisfactory completion of the Master of Teaching (Secondary).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies relevant to this degree. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. Foundation Access Studies (FAST) Program - designed to provide you with an alternative entry method into tertiary study. You can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $75,300||
You may apply for the Industry Placement Program (IPP) which offers up to 26 weeks of industry based experience. IPP students receive a scholarship payment of up to $15,000. Further information: study.federation.edu.au