Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This exciting new program replaces our highly regarded Bachelor of Music Theatre and Bachelor of Acting for Stage and Screen. Explore who you are and how you express yourself as a creative practitioner. Build your skills through practical studio based workshops of experimentation and self-discovery. Studio; Forum; Collaborative Workshop. These three courses form the core of your first year in training. For performers, each day at our renowned Arts Academy in Ballarat is intensive and rigorous; throughout your journey you will work with leading industry professionals: theatre directors, music theatre performers, screen actors, composers, musical directors, designers and choreographers. Imagine arriving early for class to be immersed in stage and screen acting workshops and voice tutorials, dance and singing classes, performance masterclasses and lectures.Our students are enabled and encouraged to ignite their own unique and individual artistic voice. From Shakespeare to Sondheim, from classic repertoire to newly devised works, the Arts Academy is a hothouse of creativity and an incubator for new ideas. We will equip you to become multi-skilled practitioners through immersive, experiential learning geared towards the specific career paths of music theatre and acting for stage and screen. Training in Performing Arts prepares you not only for a career as a performer, but also to become an active citizen of the world. Our graduates go on to work in television and theatre, music theatre, opera, film, cabaret, comedy and multi-media performance. They also go on to do creative things in the most surprising contexts both in Australia and internationally. For more information, please visit: www.federation.edu.au/artists.
This program consists of 360 credit points.
- Stage and screen acting and performance
- Critical studies
- Movement and dance
- Performing arts
Standard entry requirements
- Selection is based on successful interview and audition as well as completing a year 12 qualification (VCE/interstate or overseas equivalent), as well as meeting the prerequisite study requirements. Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant area. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Camp Street (Ballarat)||International: $81,900||No information available||No||No information available|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au