Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This pathway provides students with flexibility, choice and guaranteed entry to the 2 year Master of Teaching (Secondary) following successful completion (to a required standard) of the 3 year Bachelor of Arts. On entry to this pathway students receive academic counselling to ensure they will complete the requisite topics in the Bachelor of Arts to successfully transition to the Master of Teaching (Secondary). Note - if students start the pathway mid year, it will take them at least 5 and a half years to complete the Master of Teaching as it does not offer midyear entry.
In the first three years you will complete the Bachelor of Arts. Specialisations offered are: English or Creative Writing, Drama, Modern Languages (restricted to Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, German and Modern Greek), Legal Studies or Criminal Justice, Visual Arts, History, Geography and Environmental Studies, and Psychology. On completing the Bachelor of Arts program to a required standard, you will be eligible to progress directly to the Master of Teaching (Secondary) degree. The Master of Teaching is a pre-service teaching degree. This course provides you with the background necessary to apply for registration as secondary teachers.
- Geography and environmental studies
- Legal studies
- Modern Greek
- Secondary teaching
- Visual arts
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent qualification
- Or mature age entry (STAT)
- Or TAFE/VET qualification
- Or higher education transfers
- Or completion of a foundation studies program. Applicants must complete a non-academic assessment task as part of their application to demonstrate their motivation to teach, their strong interpersonal and communication skills, willingness to learn, resilience, self-efficacy, and strong organisational and planning skills.
The Master of Teaching qualification will enable you to apply for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. You are advised to check registration requirements as they are subject to change. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Bedford Park||No information available||No||No information available|