Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation integrates theoretical studies in design, engineering, science, technology, innovation management and business methods with project topics where the acquired knowledge is applied in collaboration with Flinders University's industry partners. The degree provides opportunities to design, develop and commercialise advanced technology products or services in a new or existing organisation.
- Students will study a range of topics over the duration of the course
- within first year this includes, Design Communication, Professional Skills, Engineering Design, Innovative and Creative Thinking: Recognizing Opportunities with option topics within Mathematics, Data Science or Biostatistics. Within second year student will look into Design for Manufacture, Design Methods, Collaboration, Co-Creation and The Crowd: Leveraging your Ecosystem for Innovation, Innovation for Social Impact: Doing Good While Doing Well, From Intuition to Insight: Validating Desirability Feasibility and Viability and 13.5 upper level units of any one Bachelor of Science Major or Bachelor of Engineering Science Specialisation. In the final year students will study topics within Design Studio plus 18 upper level units of any one Bachelor of Science Major or Bachelor of Engineering Science Specialisation. Furthermore, student will look into Ergonomics and User Centred Design, From Innovation to Impact: Creating a Roadmap from Opportunity to Action, Going Live: Entrepreneurial Strategies and Resources & Activities
- Design Communication, Engineering, Mathematics, Data, Biostatistics, Entrepreneurship.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Or mature age entry (STAT)
- Or TAFE/VET qualifications
- Or higher education transfers
- Or completion of a foundation studies program.
The degree is recognised by the Design Institute of Australia.
Enrolment in the honours program may be offered to a student who meets certain academic criteria and subject to the College being able to provide appropriate resources and staff to supervise the program.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Bedford Park||International: $93,600||No information available||Yes||No information available|
The Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation may also be studied in a combined degree program with another Bachelor degree in the College of Science and Engineering where the combination meets the requirements of the credit transfer policy. Notes: (1) Students should be careful to select topics required for progression to the science or engineering major of their choice. Please consult the Director of Studies (2) Students may choose 31.5 upper level units from any one BSc major or Bachelor of Engineering Science specialisation. (3) With the permission of the Director of Studies, students may replace DSGN3702Design Studio (9 units) with ENGR3750 Workplace Preparation (0 units) and DSGN3700 Design and Technology Innovation Practicum (9 units).Browse more courses