Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program offers postgraduate research supervision on a smaller scale than the PhD, while being a pathway to the PhD. It culminates in the submission of a thesis that demonstrates the capacity for critical analysis and original research.
- Research thesis relevant to field of study. Disiplines include: Public health and tropical medicine
- Speech pathology
- Sport and exercise science
- Tropical health
- Tropical medical science
- others as negotiated with advisors. Disciplines are dependent on availability of appropriate advisors on each campus.
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of a relevant AQF level 8 honours degree (Class I or II)
- Or a postgraduate qualification in research methods which includes 0.5 semester supervised research with a minimum credit grade (65%) (or equivalent) and 1 research methods subject
- Or a combination of qualifications and research equivalent to the above.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|JCU Cairns||International: $75,600||Yes|
|JCU Townsville||International: $75,600||Yes|
Applicants need to discuss their proposed research topic with the course coordinator before enrolling. This course is also available to international students by offshore external study. For more information: https://www.jcu.edu.au/courses-and-study