Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Get your start in science. Dreaming of a career in science? Understand the world around you and discover a career of choice and versatility. La Trobe's Diploma of Science is a supported pathway into the Bachelor of Science - or the qualification you need to kickstart a career in entry-level roles in the science industry. Explore basic scientific concepts and learn how to harness collaboration in the laboratory. Consolidate your new knowledge and skills through practical, laboratory-based classes where you'll have opportunities for hands-on experience. And build skills in scientific communication - an essential skill for sharing outcomes with different audiences. Already know where you want to steer your career? Our wide range of electives allow you to take specialist subjects right away.
To qualify with the Diploma of Science student must complete the following: 15 core credit points 15 core-choice credit points 90 elective credit points
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Big Ideas in Science: Life, the Universe and Everything
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Data-based Critical Thinking
- Making Sense of Data
- Mathematical Applications in Biology
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - Other - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any Mathematics.
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - (6.0 < 6.0) (UG standard/minimum) - 6.0 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Bendigo, Melbourne.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Dec 7 2021